Long Lee Manor
- This gracious Edwardian Manor House echoes traditions of the past offering colonial style accommodation, manicured gardens, pools and ponds, terraces and verandas – all overlooking the magnificent plains teaming with wildlife.
- 2 swimming pools
- Conference facility for up to 35 delegates
- Relaxation Retreat with 2 therapy rooms, steam room and sauna
- Fitness centre and steam room
- Gift boutique
- Perimeter electric fence
- In and outdoor dining facilities
- Business desk with internet access and wi-fi connection
- Temperature controlled wine cellar
Explore ecotourism opportunities in the Cape winelands
- South Africa is a world leader when it comes to sustainable wine production and biodiversity conservation, courtesy of the establishment of the Biodiversity and Wine Initiative in 2004.
- One of the ways that Cape wine producers have achieved this remarkable turnaround is by getting together to form conservancies and developing ecotourism activities in the winelands.
- For wine lovers seeking the human side of conservation, Dreamcatcher is a Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa-endorsed ‘alternative’ winelands ecotour that visits wine estates with a proven commitment to their employees. It also provides opportunities to live and cook with the local women from the area.
EcoDestinations – Africa
- Africa is known as the “cradle of civilization”. Significant archaeological sites have discovered human’s oldest fossils on this continent. Found here are numerous rock paintings, depicting ancients symbols, figures, and animals, that are not to be missed.
- There is so much potential for people to achieve some good during their travels, especially on ecotourism vacations. In the year 2000, British tourists spent three billion pounds (or nearly five billion USD) on travel in developing countries, which is almost comparable to the amount that the British government gave in aid in the same year.
Botswana's Ecotourism Certified Camps Recognized by Travel + Leisure as World's Top Hotels
- The 2013 Travel + Leisure World's Best Hotels results are in and two of Botswana's ecotourism-certified camps were voted among the top hotels in the world.
- Mombo Camp (including Little Mombo Camp), which is located in the Moremi Game Reserve in the pristine Okavango Delta of Botswana, received the top overall score in the world for rooms/facilities, location, service, restaurants/food and value.
- Chobe Game Lodge, nestled along the Chobe River inside Botswana’s Chobe National Park, made its debut on the prestigious list in the Top 20 Lodges and Resorts in Africa and the Middle East category.
- Both Mombo Camp and Chobe Game Lodge are five-star rated lodges that have achieved the highest level of eco-certification (the Ecotourism level of certification) for accommodations under the Botswana Tourism Organization's Ecotourism Certification System, a voluntary program designed to encourage and support responsible environmental, social and cultural behavior by tourism businesses for provision of a quality and eco-friendly product to travelers.
Let us know what you think