2020 has been a year of intense change, particularly for the workforce. With the onset of a global pandemic, remote work has become the new normal, regardless of whether or not companies were equipped to handle the change.
While remote work is not an entirely new concept, many companies are left questioning how to successfully approach the employer employee relationship in the altered work landscape and how to maintain the productivity encouraged by an office environment.
While the future remains unknown, it's clear that remote work is here to stay, and all companies can benefit from re-visiting their current employee engagement tactics and adapting them to the remote circumstances. Check out our infographic below for statistics and tips to best manage employees in a remote work setting.
Enhance Remote Work with an Employee Relations & Recognition Program
Managing employee relations in a remote work setting has never been easier. Enlist the help of an employee recognition program provider and you’ll have access to advanced software and experienced management to keep your employees inspired and vested in your company goals. Whether you’re looking to boost morale, foster connection, increase productivity, or build company culture, an employee recognition program is a great way to start.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of an employee recognition program as they apply to the infographic’s suggested remote work tactics:
- Establish Expectations: An online platform is the perfect way for employees to remotely engage with your company. Display and reinforce company values, or post the latest updates regarding company policy changes.
- Practice Team Building: With more than 50% of remote employees stating they feel disconnected from their teams, connection is key to navigating the struggles of engagement in a remote work setting. Inspired by social media, a company-wide virtual recognition wall is a great way for peers and managers to celebrate achievement in their teammates, encouraging a culture of gratitude and belonging.
- Recognize & Reward: Continuing on the recognition train, implementing a reward system is a great way to not only motivate employees with coveted prizes, but to foster a personalized connection and reinforce ideal company behavior. Whether you give on-the-spot reward points for daily achievements, or set a goal for your team over the course of a few weeks, redeeming points in an online reward system makes this motivation technique easy and fun.
Looking for More Information on Employee Relations & Recognition?
Here at Incentive Solutions, employee relations and recognition are our specialty. Nominated as one of Atlanta’s top places to work, we know our employee recognition programs work.
Check out the posts below for tips and reward tactics for your employees:
- 10 Steps to a Successful Employee Incentive Program
- The Psychology Behind Employee Motivation
- Employee Rewards and Recognition: 10 Examples of Incentives That Don’t Work