Effective: 23 December 2022
When you visit our Sites, use our mobile apps, engage with our Marketing Materials, online ads or emails (or emails we send for our clients, we collect information, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags (also called web beacons), browser analysis tools, and server logs. Each of these technologies is explained below.
The data we collect with cookies and other tools is used for many different purposes.
- Strictly necessary cookies and tags are used by Incentive Solutions to make our websites and apps work. They enable core functions, such as authentication, security, network management, and accessibility. You may be able to disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.
- Performance and analytics cookies and tags are used by us and our service providers to manage our websites. This may include collecting analytics cookies about visitors to our website and collecting information about website usage. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. These cookies help us gather data to optimize our website’s performance. We do not use the data collected by these cookies for targeted marketing.
- Site experience cookies and tags are used to support your experience and include user-selected options and site navigation aids. These cookies provided enhanced functionality and personalization on our sites. If you do not allow these cookies, some services on our websites may not function properly.
- Marketing and personalization cookies are used to enable social sharing and to deliver interest-based ads to you online.
- Advertising cookies and tags used by us, our service providers, and third parties to personalize the ads delivered to you on our site and on other sites. These cookies collect data about your online activity and allow ads to be displayed that may be of interest to you. These cookies also record which ads you have seen and whether you engaged with the ad. These cookies help make sure that the ads you see are relevant and not repetitive.
While we do not give any personally identifiable information to the third-party advertising companies, we may place cookies and tags for them when you visit an Incentive Solutions website. This allows these third parties to collect information from you using these technologies on our websites. The information they collect is subject to their own privacy notices.
b. Your Choices
- You can manage cookies and delete cookies from Incentive Solutions and companies using your browser settings. Browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Safari give you the ability to accept, reject or delete cookies. Visit the “help center” for your browser to learn more.
- You can also take advantage of industry programs that allow you to control the way companies advertise to you.
- The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) manages an opt-out program for many third party advertising companies. You can opt out of being targeted by NAI members by visiting https://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
- On some websites, you may see an AdChoices icon, which may appear on certain targeted ads. You may click on this AdChoices icon to learn more information about the collection and use of your information or to opt-out of such collection in the future. To learn more about the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice tool, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- Additional choices are offered by:
Google: For information on how Google Analytics uses data please visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, located at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
In most cases, the choices you make are linked to your browser. If you use different browsers or different devices, you will need to set your preferences on each one. Even if you opt-out, you may still receive ads that are not customized for you.
Although our websites currently do not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we do offer our customers choices to manage their cookie preferences as described in the previous section. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
c. Social Media and other Platforms
Our websites may enable you to interact with us and others via social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. This functionality is enabled using social media cookies and tags. For example, some Incentive Solutions websites allow you to sign in using social media platform credentials. Please read the privacy statements provided by your social media platforms to understand how they use your information and to manage your choices.
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using platforms such as Facebook and Google. These platforms allow us to personalize the ads that we display to you. To enable delivery of these ads, we convert your email address into a unique number. The platforms also convert their user emails into unique numbers using the same process. This allows the records to be matched without any exchange of data elements that can identify you on their own. The platforms perform the matching as a service provider to Incentive Solutions, and they do not retain or use the file that we send them for their own purposes. This process allows the platform to deliver our ads to our customers on the platform. The platforms may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
d. Other Types of Online Data Collection
Our server logs record information about users to our websites. We may use these logs for internal purposes, such as website administration, optimization and security. We may also use the data for fraud-protection, personalization and ad advertising.
We collect device identifiers and other device-related information, including your device’s advertising ID if available. This information is used to identify the device and authenticate you. We may also use device-related information to associate you with different devices that you may use, including for fraud-protection purposes and to better target advertising. In many cases, you can reset your device’s advertising ID. Both Android and iOS devices enable you to reset your device identifier under the “settings” menu.
e. A Guide to Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and can enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
- First party cookies are those cookies that are placed by Incentive Solutions. These cookies are used by Incentive Solutions and include all the essential cookies.
- Third party cookies are placed by another company, including service providers, social media cookies and third-party advertising companies. Cookies placed by third parties can be read by these third parties when you visit other sites in the advertising network, allowing a profile of your online behavior to be created so that the third party can deliver targeted ads from all its customers.
- Pixel Tags and Web Beacons
Pixel tags (also called web beacons) are tiny graphic images and small blocks of code placed on website pages, ads, or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access the pages or you open an email, the tag lets us know you have accessed the web page or opened the email. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
- Server Logs
Server logs record activities on our websites. Other types of logs collect similar information from our apps. These logs record information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices require to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Incentive Solutions and the website you visit after you leave our site.