Fortune 500 Tire Manufacturer’s Incentive Program Engages Independent Dealer Segment with Innovating Incentive Technology
Participation of eligible independent dealers
Email open-rates beat industry averages by
Email click-through rates beat industry averages by
- Engaging a vast network of independent commercial dealers with limited data on how to market to them
- Pressure from growing competition & their corresponding reward programs
- Organizational structuring capabilities to segment accounts by region and size
- Easy claim submission and verification with incentive program mobile app
- A direct line of communication with independent commercial dealers
This Fortune 500 tire manufacturer operates across the globe, selling billions of dollars’ worth of high-quality tires every year. They view their incentive program as an integral part of their business that gives them a competitive edge in their markets.
The Program Purpose
The client identified a list of independent commercial dealers, which had been historically under-represented. This network of dealers presented the best opportunity for the tire manufacturer to increase its sales at a higher gross margin than they would receive from larger accounts.
In order to capitalize on this rich opportunity, the client partnered with Incentive Solutions to manage a dealer distributor incentive program. The program’s purpose was:
- Collect more complete sales data from independent commercial dealers.
- Improve marketing strategies to target independent commercial dealers based on demographic and sales history.
- Increase sales among small and independent commercial dealers.
We combined the tools and features of these incentive software modules to create a dealer incentive program that reached the tire manufacturer’s goals:
- The Organizational Structure and Advanced Hierarchy Module allowed our client to segment their target accounts based on region and size to effectively prioritize certain verticals.
- The Performance Tracking Module allowed dealer sales reps to submit sales claims documentation to the online incentive program, then instantly receive either 300 or 600 reward points, depending on the product MSPN.
- The Mobile App Module allowed program participants to submit sales claims instantly, from the field, which sped up claim-validation and the reward redemption process.
After implementing the right technology, our team of incentive experts helped design a multimedia marketing campaign to promote the program. The program’s multi-pronged approach helped the client capture sales data in real-time and reinforce claims submission with instant rewards redemption, making the incentive program a primary source of sales data for our client.
Pairing each of our client’s goals with a corresponding incentive software module, we helped them segment their target accounts, instantly distribute reward points for each submitted sales claim, and to collect more complete customer data. This cumulative approach allowed our client to capitalize on an opportunity for growth, increasing sales in a new vertical, and improving the efficacy of their marketing efforts.
- Goal 1: Collect better sales data on independent commercial dealers.
- Results: Over 25% of eligible independent dealers actively participated in the program, buying from our client, and exchanging marketing data. Our client reported, “We have been able to capture end-user data through the program that we can now use for marketing campaigns and special promotions. Understanding our smaller dealers and fleets redemption behaviors help us in our marketing efforts.”
- Goal 2: Improve marketing strategies to target independent commercial dealers based on demographic and sales history.
- Results: Due to targeted marketing strategies, engagement, and mind-share among independent dealer commercial salespeople increased. Emails associated with the incentive program achieved open-rates 268% higher than the industry standard, as well as engagement and click-rates 780% higher than the industry standard.
- Goal 3: Increase sales among small and independent commercial dealers.
- Results: Sales among independent commercial dealers spiked 5% since the start of the program.