This position is located in Atlanta, Georgia and is hybrid remote / onsite
Why Incentive Solutions?
At Incentive Solutions we inspire growth – for our clients and our employees. We take pride in standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We do this by providing award winning, incentive marketing strategies, backed by data, and driven through a variety of technology tools and rewards. In addition, we have been rated one of Atlanta’s Best and Brightest to Work For® for 8 years and counting! This means we have a great culture and have been evaluated on categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity, recognition, retention and more.
Job Summary or Overview of the Role This position is a member the software development team in the Information Technology department. The QA Engineer will be responsible for creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured automated test plans and automated test cases. This position is responsible for all phases of the testing lifecycle and will drive patterns and practices for other team members. The QA Engineer is expected to be able to analyze, design, code, test, document, and implement projects and troubleshoot any Web or Client/Server based system developed internally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product manager, business analysts, and other internal customers to identify end-user requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Create and Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Routinely test websites for correct functionality, , speed, and other quality factors
- Monitor debugging process results including thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train developers to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain and improve existing software test plans and processes. Including automating any manual testing where possible
- Compile and assess user feedback to improve software performance
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 0% Management, 5% Project Management, 10% Requirements, 15% Analysis and testing, 70% Testing/Documentation
Qualifications (Required Skills)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, coding, and automating functional and unit tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science field or related experience
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes with experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead and collaborate across departments
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Ability to work in a small team environment or independently
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organization, planning, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conflict management and resolutions skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities (may be assigned multiple projects simultaneously)
- High degree of flexibility
What we bring to the table
- One of Atlanta's Best and Brightest to Work For®in Atlanta (8 years and counting)! This translates to a great work culture!
- AJC’s Top Workplaces Award
- Award winning channel marketing company - IMA Circle of Excellence Award: Sales Incentive, IMA Circle of Excellence Award: Dealer Distributor Incentive Awards, Motivation Masters Award: Channel Sales Incentive Program, and more!
- Charitable work – we gift all team members one (1) day per calendar year to work with their charity choice. In addition, we partner Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Agape, and other local charitable organizations throughout the year.
- We provide a generous and well-funded health coverage (just wait until you see the deductibles!).
- Complementary short-term disability. Options for life insurance, long-term disability and dental.
- Paid Time Off
- Flex hours & remote workdays (we know Atlanta commutes can be rough!).
- Continued education - we invest in you! You’ll have opportunities to pursue certifications, courses, and attend conferences to advance your career.
- Of course, we have a phenomenal employee rewards and recognition program – that’s what we do!
If you are the QA Engineer we’ve been looking for, apply today! We are eager to talk to you!
Incentive Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. We just want to work with good people who aim to be better, and make it better, every day.