Title: Web Designer
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Creative Services
Why Incentive Solutions?
At Incentive Solutions, we inspire growth – for our clients and our employees. We take pride in standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We do this by offering award-winning incentive marketing strategies, backed by data, and driven through a variety of technology tools and rewards.
You, the Multimedia designer of our dreams, are a natural-born consultant and will spend your days creating designs that tie into our marketing plans, and those of our clients. You are passionately engaged with the ever-evolving digital marketing landscape, and have a finger on the latest design and web coding trends. You’re intellectually curious, not afraid to think big. You are ready to dive in and get dirty, and not afraid of a little hard work. Oh, and you have an affinity for anticipating client needs before they even have to ask, too.
Overview of the Role
The multimedia designer role is comprised of brand, product, and UX graphic and web design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience for the ISI brand and the brands of our clients.
You’ll design websites, print collateral, and emails that accurately reflect an organization’s goals, objectives and identity. Use web, graphic design, and video software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, and Illustrator as well as WYSIWYG editors, and content management systems.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day
- You’ll be responsible for meeting strict deadlines – time and project management are essential. You’ll use Trello and Outlook and won’t miss a beat.
- You’ll work closely with our Account Management team and a large base of clients to plan and execute kick-ass graphics and web designs created with the UX in mind.
- You’ll work hand in hand with our IT team, planning how to best showcase our product, designing around their wireframes. You are not afraid to jump in and make suggestions for improvements and fight for the right of a phenomenal UX.
- You’ll work side by side with our Communications Specialist, ensuring her visions come to life and conquer project goals and objectives.
- You’ll work hard on all ISI marketing and brand needs and challenge dated ideas.
- You’ll develop the coolest mobile-responsive websites and email templates, videos. and various print and digital marketing collateral pieces.
- You’ll attend kickoff meetings, interpret business needs, and develop a design concept to achieve goals and objectives while working within brand standards.
- You’ll have to maintain a daily timelog (boring, I know) and work with accounting to ensure that projects are billed correctly (they take care of most of this – you just mind the hours).
- You’ll edit and approve all creative jobs before release to the client.
- You’ll work collaboratively with printers, vendors, and contract designers, to ensure proper management and smooth transition of projects.
- You will redefine and help implement best practices for Creative Services.
- The fun stuff – you’ll actively participate in brainstorming and creative thinking sessions.
- You’ll keep it real - incorporating the latest design trends from typography, iconography, page layout, color schemes, mobile first, and more! You’ll call out bad design and fight for modern change (in a first-class manner, of course) when needed.
- You will update third-party website resources when needed, including Trello, Google Drive, etc.
- You promise to learn, and grow your skillset and creative and logical thinking abilities, in your time here.
- You’ll take on all other projects and duties as assigned, with a can-do attitude.
- Video experience is preferred – it would be a big bonus if you can help manage the process of producing and distributing internal marketing videos. This includes filming, editing, and posting videos to a sharing sites like Vimeo and YouTube.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A degree in a web design-related field or a current student with less than a year to go until graduation.
- Team-oriented, positive attitude is essential to this position.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- PHP experience is a BIG plus!
- SCSS experience is a plus!
- Experience with image optimization would be legit!
- Experience with bootstrap, yes please.
- Must be able to code by hand.
- Knowledge of video editing software including iMovie and Adobe After Effects would be killer!
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills are required.
- Must have strong ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to give and receive feedback on your work.
- A willingness to learn new programs and technologies and grow in your field.
- Experience with Marketo and Salesforce a plus.
- Photography experience is a big bonus! We need you to find and/or take killer photos to be used for design projects.
- You know how to balance work with fun – we need the creative spirit – someone who is team-oriented with a positive attitude is essential to this position.
- Must be able to use computers and creative software without assistance.
- Must be able to use office equipment such as telephones, printers, copy machines, and computers without assistance.
- Must have the ability to be in a sitting position for long periods of time with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to operate Mac and Windows operating systems.
Include your resume and a link to your online design portfolio that reflects clean, perceptive, and functional design. Please include at least 2-3 web design examples and at least 2-3 print examples.