- High season in the Keys falls between Christmas and Easter. November to mid-December crowds are thinner, the weather is wonderful, and hotels and shops drastically reduce their prices. Summer, which is hot and humid, is becoming a second high season, especially among Floridians, families, and European travelers.
- Winter is typically 10°F warmer than on the mainland; summer is usually a few degrees cooler. The Keys also get substantially less rain, around 40 inches annually, compared with an average 55–60 inches in Miami and the Everglades.
- About 450,000 passengers use the Key West International Airport (EYW) each year; its most recent renovation includes a beach where travelers can catch their last blast of rays after clearing security.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory (Key West) rated #1 of 265 things to do in Florida Keys - 4.5 of 5 stars 6,839 reviews
- Dry Tortugas National Park (Key West) rated #2 of 265 things to do in Florida Keys - 4.5 of 5 stars 2,813 reviews
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum (Key West) rated #4 of 265 things to do in Florida Keys - 4.5 of 5 stars 10,429 reviews
- The Turtle Hospital (Marathon) rated #5 of 265 things to do in Florida Keys - 4.5 of 5 stars 2,415 reviews