Title: Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Travel Operations
This position is responsible for all facets of assigned travel programs including, program agenda creation, client interaction, vendor negotiation, program budgeting, and on-site operations. Also, this position is responsible for overall customer satisfaction to include both the client contact as well as the individual attendees of the travel program. Person must be able to travel on-site with program as well as travel on routine client visits and site inspections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support of sales in the creation of travel programs including vendor negotiations and creating a program costing.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of projects assigned to operate.
- Organization of physical program file within company standards.
- Correspond with travel vendors in order to review contracts, cancellation and payment schedules, approve purchase orders, review services space block, request specific program pricing for confirmation and negotiation.
- Review attendee database, participant names, and change forms with Program Coordinator and Air vendor.
- Initiate and review program accounting details including client invoicing, client payments, vendor check requests, and air credit card billing. Review job cost monthly for all assigned programs.
- Re-cost programs and prepares contract addendum as required.
- Review and update client contact on all program operations, changes, costs or concern relating to the project. Develop a relationship with the client to act as the primary contact for all assigned programs.
- Review pre-trip documentation with Program Coordinator including POE copy. Obtain final written approval from client for all printed materials prior to ordering.
- Update Account Executive on all program changes, enhancements, or any special requests made by client.
- Hire travel staff according to budget for all programs assigned and issue Independent Contractor Agreement.
- Travel on-site with assigned programs to act as lead travel director.
- Create final client bill and submit to accounting for review within 30 days of program operation.
- Create monthly report to Management as outlined in Procedure Manual.