Information technology is changing on an almost daily basis. To keep up with these changes, Acronis has initiated a new four-tier worldwide channel program.
The data protection and disaster recovery solutions provider launched this program as a strategy to afford its partners help in keeping up with the at times overwhelming changes in the small to mid-size business sector. Acronis offers its “disaster recovery, deployment and migration software to a broad spectrum of partners, including service providers, system integrators, and value-added resellers.
Vice president of sales and channels at Acronis Americas David Junca noted, “We have taken the partner type and size into consideration in creating this program, hoping to provide a new experience to partners that can help them grow and keep up with the evolving market.”
Acronis designed its channel program open-ended in order to increase margins through to a variety of business models. Features of the initiative include:
- A worldwide network of professionals for support
- Skill and knowledge training
- Added rebates to partners that bring new customer on board through the Acronis Partner Portal
As with most tiered programs, to move up the Acronis tier ladder partners are required to reach each new level with certification and increased revenue. At each new level, partners are afforded additional channel incentives. The incentive opportunities include: special pricing, rebates, marketing collateral and demand generation, and discounts.
The first tier level members, authorized partners, are required to meet minimum revenue objectives and collaborate in renewal management.
Authorized Partner incentives include:
- Suggested price lists
- Price lists for license programs
- Suggested discounts
- A variety of promotional incentives for their marketing and sales efforts
- Access to the partner portal
- Partner webinars for marketing strategies
- A marketing center
- Product descriptions, white papers and other documentation needed to sell the product
- Channel updates
- Partner newsletters
- Free online support
- Access to technical training and certification programs
- An internal use discount
The top tier channel partners, platinum partners, are required to meet a number of technical and sales certifications; collaborate in renewal management; and meet base objectives related to: marketing strategies, revenue, customer endorsements, and business plans.
Platinum partners are afforded the most benefits and incentives, which include:
- Opportunity registration
- Revenue rebates
- Partner kits
- Pre-sales engineer project support
- Sales leads
- Heightened technical support
- Partner location listings
- Marketing development resources
- Access to the Acronis Partner Yearly Summit